Being a member of WTA can bring many benefits. Here is a summary of eleven steps you can take to ensure a better return on your investment in membership. For complete directions, click here to open Eleven Steps to Successful Membership in PDF format.
Eleven Steps to Successful Membership
- List Your Organization in The Marketplace. The Marketplace is a searchable online database used by broadcasters, cable programmers, network managers, government agencies and ISPs around the world to find satcom products, services and connectivity. An exclusive benefit of WTA membership, it reaches potential customers at the point of purchase for customized long-haul communications solutions via satellite. The Marketplace provides data on services, products, service areas and connectivity, with email and Web links to connect buyers with sellers.
- Make Sure Your Key Executives are Registered in our Membership Database. Your membership includes an unlimited number of employees of your organization. The more individuals who participate, the greater the value the organization receives. Please take a moment to ensure that all relevant contacts are included. Members typically list individuals including the chief executive officer, director of operations, director of sales & marketing, regional or vertical industry sales representatives, and managers of public relations and events. To identify the company contact that are currently in our database, log in to the Web site and view the Membership Directory on the Services menu. Then contact the Membership Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request corrections.
- Volunteer Yourself or a Fellow Employee to Speak at Industry Events. WTA presents panels and recruits speakers for industry events including PTC, SATELLITE, NAB, SATCON, and IBC. We keep all members informed about upcoming opportunities by email through our Upcoming Events monthly email. When you receive an email invitation, be sure to volunteer yourself or your organization as a potential speaker. Due to the popularity of these speaking opportunities, we cannot assure that every volunteer is selected. Only Industry Leader and Industry Patron members are assured of speaking slots, but we take seriously every such request and will do our best to involve you.
- Use WTA to Develop Business Opportunities and Get Information on Prospects. WTA regularly works with its members to identify sales opportunities for services and products. Headquarters offers members personalized assistance with networking throughout our global membership. We call it Business Development Networking. If you need introductions to teleport operators, carriers or technology providers…or you are researching the market…or conducting due diligence for a merger or acquisition…or if you are seeking a qualified vendor or strategy ally — your best first step is to contact WTA.
- Put WTA Headquarters on your Press List. WTA is in regular contact with the teleport marketplace through our newsletters, editorial coverage in industry magazines, and our participation in major conferences. If you keep us informed about developments at your organization, we can include this information in our communication programs. For email and mail addresses, see the Contacts page.
- Use your Member User Name and Password to Access Free High-Value Information.WTA members have free access to WTA’s proprietary research into the teleport sector of the industry, as well as a library of white papers and case studies on teleport markets, operations and technology. This targeted material helps our members make better decisions on budgeting, staffing, investment, operations, and business strategy. See our market research, online Knowlegebase, membership directory and other online assets.
- Use your Event Discounts. Employees of WTA-member organizations are eligible for discounts on registration fees at industry events. In many cases, the discounts alone exceed the total cost of membership for that year. Information on discounts is available on the Member Resources page as well as the monthly Upcoming Events email.
- Include the WTA Membership Logo in your Promotional Materials. Members of WTA have the right to display the WTA membership logo on their Website and in relevant promotional materials. This privilege is extended only to WTA members in good standing and only for the duration of their membership. Contact the Membership Director to receive your copy.
- Nominate your Company or Client for the WTA Top Operator Rankings and a Teleport Award for Excellence. Each year, WTA publishes global rankings of the world's Top Teleport Operators by revenue and growth rate, providing unique promotional value to companies ranging from over US$1 billion to under $2 million in sales. Following publication of the Top Operators rankings, WTA hosts the Teleport Awards for Excellence luncheon during the SATELLITE conference in Washington, DC. Nominations for these awards, which are reviewed by independent committees around the globe, come from WTA members and others. A WTA award carries with it marketing and PR clout. Members are encouraged to submit nominations for both programs.
- Submit Case Studies and White Papers to WTA’s Online Library. In addition to authoring its own case studies and white papers, WTA hosts material provided by its members in the Knowledgebase. Topics range from markets and business issues to technology and operational best practices. We encourage our members to submit these to the Executive Director for review and subsequent posting.
- Develop Goals for Your Membership. At the outset of your WTA membership, we encourage new members to meet or speak to WTA to establish a list of goals for their annual membership. We encourage you to schedule a review of your membership goals if you have not already done so. Contact the Membership Director to schedule a call or meeting.