a. If the primary local language of teleport staff outside of the USA is not English, do they also speak English fluently?
b. What physical access security is utilized at your teleport site?
c. Where are video cameras located?
d. What other type of products are used to protect for unauthorized entry?
e. What type of perimeter barrier or fencing is used to protect unauthorized access?
f. What emergency intrusion procedure or system does the teleport have in place?
g. Do you have a regular point of contact with the local police or a good relationship?
h. How far is the teleport from:
1) The nearest police station?
2) The nearest ambulance, first aid station or fire station?
i. Is the teleport a manned facility?
j. Is the teleport accessible after hours for, e.g., RF transmission issues, onsite repairs?
k. If the teleport provides services for the military or government agencies:
1) What is the Facility Clearance Level?
2) What level of classification of hardware/documentation are you allowed to store at your facility?
3) Do you have a secure phone/email, if so what level of classification does it have?
4) Has your facility ever been reported for a security infraction, violation, or compromise in the past 3 years, or is it currently under investigation for any of them?
5) Do you have procedure for cleared visitors to gain access to secure equipment?
We invite you to submit your comments by email to Executive Director Robert Bell.