Winners to be named in Washington on March 16th during SATELLITE Show
(New York City, March 1, 2010) -- World Teleport Association (WTA) today announced the finalists in two categories for its 2010 Teleport Awards for Excellence. From this group of finalists, WTA will name the winners at a luncheon ceremony on March 16 during the Association’s 15th annual Teleport Awards for Excellence Ceremony and Luncheon at the Gaylord National Convention Center. WTA will also name the Green Teleport of the Year during the ceremony. The Teleport Executive of the Year recipient will be announced separately and honored during the ceremony.
WTA selects its finalists from nominations submitted to the association by its members. Recipients are selected by committees of previous recipients, WTA Board members, and Industry Leader and Patron members.
Independent Teleport Operator of the Year Finalists:
1. Broadcast Facilities Inc. (USA)
2. GlobeCast (France)
3. Emerging Markets Communications (USA)
4. NewSat (Australia)
5. SatLink Communications (Israel)
Teleport Technology of the Year Finalists:
1. Comtech EF Data – CDM-625 Satellite ModemThe 2010 luncheon, sponsored by SES, will be attended by over 150 members, guests and representatives from World Teleport Association. Attendees include teleport, satellite and content distribution technology industry executives, as well as previous awards recipients from around the world. Stewart Sanders, Senior Vice President for Customer Services Delivery at SES ENGINEERING will give the Host's Welcome and present the awards to the recipients. The 2010 event will be emceed by WTA's Director of Development Louis Zacharilla for the 14th time. Other event sponsors include Newtec, Crystal Computer and JSAT International.
2. ETL Technologies – Enigma RF Matrix Router
3. iDirect Technologies – SatManage
According to World Teleport Association Executive Director, Robert Bell, "Despite the challenging economy, the teleport industry has remained robust. The finalists for WTA’s Teleport Awards have proven their dedication to providing the highest level of service and staying ahead of customer needs with innovative applications and technologies. It’s a testament to the ingenuity of the leaders who have made this industry successful.”
About World Teleport Association
WTA is dedicated to advocating for the interests of teleport operators in the global telecommunications market and promoting excellence in teleport business practice, technology and operations. Companies that do business with teleports also find that WTA is the best investment they can make to open new channels to the industry. More information is available at www.worldteleport.org
SES is a network of satellite operators located across all continents, operating mainly through SES ASTRA in Europe, SES WORLD SKIES in North and South America, Africa the Middle East and Asia. The company also holds participations in satellite operators, including SES SIRIUS in Sweden, QuetzSat in Mexico, and Ciel in Canada, O3b Networks based in Jersey, Channel Islands, as well as in a number of satellite service provision companies. Through its global satellite fleet, reaching 99% of the world’s population, SES offers regional strength and expertise, on a global scale. More information is available at www.ses.com.
For more information, please contact:
Orly Konig Lopez
World Teleport Association
55 Broad Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10004 USA
+1 212-825-0218 fax +1 212-825-0075 www.worldteleport.org