Newtec and Tellitec Team Up to Deliver End-to-end DVB-S2 Solutions
Sunday, July 01, 2007
|PRODUCT OF THE MONTH|
Newtec and Tellitec Team Up to Deliver End-to-end DVB-S2 Solutions for IP Trunking and Backbone Applications
As sister companies combining the expertise of satellite communications and IP respectively, Newtec and Tellitec form a unique one-stop solution center for operators willing to get the most of their satellite IP trunking network or IP backbone.
Our complete range of IP satellite products truly optimizes broadband satellite IP applications from end to end:
- The professional Azimuth series of Newtec include a range of high speed modulators, demodulators and modems that optimize the satellite bandwidth by implementing the DVB-S2 standard. For the most basic configuration, these products increase the bandwidth efficiency by up to 40% compared to DVB-S. For star networking applications, the Variable Coding and Modulation (VCM) mode can increase the efficiency by another 25%.
- For lower rates, the DVB-S2 modems and IP receiver of Newtec's Elevation product family provide a cost-effective solution to achieve the same bandwidth savings for trunking and private networks applications.
- Azimuth and Elevation modulators and modems have an integrated IP encapsulator compatible with the DVB MPE standard but also with the new DVB-S2 GSE standard and Newtec's proprietary XPE protocol - with only 2% overhead, the most efficient IP encapsulation on the market.
- Azimuth and Elevation can be used in Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) mode, which varies dynamically the modulation scheme and forward error correction rates according to the transmission conditions. This configuration removes the need for a rain margin and can boost the average capacity of an IP network to 230% compared to DVB-S. It creates however variable bandwidth conditions - that can be easily handled by Tellitec's TelliShape product. TelliShape is a traffic shaper capable of distributing the available IP bandwidth efficiently among users or groups of users, and different types of services, for example by prioritising HTTP traffic and VoIP.
- Tellitec's TelliNet is a traffic acceleration product that can tremendously enhance the performance of IP applications and improve the user experience. It combines data compression technologies, the most efficient HTTP pre-fetching and a powerful TCP/IP acceleration mechanism to compensate for the delay of the transmission and reduce the traffic on the satellite link at the same time.
These different building blocks integrate seamlessly not only with each other but also with the terrestrial part of the network, optimizing the use of the satellite segment and minimizing the network installation and operation costs.
Founded in 1985 in Belgium, Newtec has become a recognized global market leader in the Satellite Communication Industry, offering highly innovative products and solutions for the ground segment of satellite television, telephony and data networks. We revolutionize the satellite telecommunication market by continuously developing new technologies and imagining new applications. And because we firmly believe in open systems, Newtec is an active contributor to the establishment of the major industry standards such as DVB, ETSI or ATSC. For the last 22 years, TV broadcasters, Telecom Service Providers, Integrators and Satellite Operators from all over the world have been relying on the unequalled performance, flexibility and reliability of our equipment, systems and software. Newtec has offices in Belgium, the USA, China, Dubai, South Africa, Singapore and Brazil.
For more information visit www.newtec.eu or contact us at email@example.com