Senior Executives from Asia, North America and South America Join the WTA Boa
Thursday, March 31, 2016
(New York City, March 31, 2016) – The World Teleport Association (WTA) today announced the election of two new members of its Board of Directors for three-year terms beginning April 1, 2016:
Avi Cohen, CEO of RR Media, was also appointed to fill a vacant seat on the Board.
- Michael DeMarco, Senior Vice President, Operations, Intelsat
- Jose Edio Gomes, Technical Director, Hispamar Satélites
“WTA benefits enormously from the willingness of these top decision-makers to contribute their time and expertise to the Board,” said executive director Robert Bell. “Our Board represents all the critical segments of the teleport and satellite industry, and we are very grateful for their participation.”
Also serving on WTA's Board of Directors are:
- James Trevelyan, Sales Director, Arqiva Satellite & Media (Chairman)
- Roger Franklin, President & CEO, Crystal
- Richard Hadsall, Chief Innovation Officer, EMC
- Robert Kubbernus, CEO, Signalhorn
- Marzio Laurenti CEO, Telespazio Brasil S.A.
- Kian Soon Lim, Head, Satellite, Business Group, Group Enterprise, Singtel
- Tomaz Lovsin, Managing Director, STN
- Mark Rathert, General Manager, Ground Operations (US), SES
- Francis Rolland, Executive Vice President, Satellites & Networks/Strategy, GlobeCast
- Jose Sanchez Ruiz, Director of Service Operations, Eutelsat
- Jorge Luis Villarreal Schutz, CEO, Elara Comunicaciones
- Serge Van Herck, CEO, Newtec
- Alan Young, CTO, Encompass Digital Media
- Koby Zontag, Vice President, Media Sales and Business Development, PCCW Global
Directors on the WTA Board serve three-year terms, and are elected by the membership.
About World Teleport Association
Since 1985, the World Teleport Association (www.worldteleport.org) has focused on improving the business of satellite communications from the ground up. At the core of its membership are the world's most innovative operators of teleports, from independents to multinationals, niche service providers to global carriers. WTA is dedicated to advocating for the interests of teleport operators in the global telecommunications market and promoting excellence in teleport business practice, technology and operations.
For More Information
World Teleport Association