4/5/2014 to 4/10/2014
Las Vegas Convention Center - South Upper Hall - SU12907
3150 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The NAB Show is the world's largest event covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, the NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways.
Executive Dialogues @ NAB
|The World Teleport Association’s Executive Dialogue Series provides WTA members with opportunities to share their viewpoints, experience and technical knowledge with a global audience. During the 2014 NAB Show, WTA will conduct video interviews with executives of WTA member companies in the Distribution area of the show floor for playout on the WTA and NAB Web sites.|
WTA’s Membership Director, Randall Barney, will be conducting interviews at your booth or the WTA booth in the Upper South Hall #SU12907
Interviews will be conducted from 9AM to 5PM on Monday, April 7 and Tuesday, April 8.
Industry Dialogue Themes 2014
The Changing Satellite-Terrestrial Mix for Service Providers
Satellite-delivered services are transitioning to terrestrial media wherever possible, and it is becoming possible in many more parts of the world than ever before. What experience have teleport operators and other service providers been having with this changing mix? What new skills, capabilities and facilities does it require, and does it expand their potential customer base?
- Are you seeing changes in the percentage of transmission business going over terrestrial instead of satellite circuits? How is that changing your business in terms of the skills you need, your capabilities, facilities?
- Does the changing transmission mix expand opportunities for your company by creating new capabilities and expertise? What has your experience been?
The Impact of High-Throughput Technologies
The next two years will be the period with high-throughput technologies in space and on the ground will prove their revolutionary potential or disappoint the companies that have invested so much in them. What experience are teleport operators having with these technologies and what does it reveal about market adoption and potential?
Forces of Disruption in the Market for Satellite/Terrestrial Services
- If HT technologies in space and on the ground succeed in delivering a much "cheaper bit," what could you do with it for your existing and new customers?
- If HT technologies, particularly the HTS architectures, become mainstream, how do you expect to incorporate that in your company's business model?
The teleport business is one of niches: the most successful companies seem to be those that identify and fully exploit opportunities in particular applications or vertical markets. But even niche plays are vulnerable to disruption as technology and market needs shift. What can successful operators share about the strategies that have made them successful and how they plan for a future of change?
The Battle to Save Satellite Bands from Mobile Interference
- What are your company's competitive advantages - and what makes it hard for competitors to match them?
- What are the disruptive forces in the market that could affect your business, and what are you doing to address them?
In the upcoming WRC 2015, the satellite industry will once again be defending the C-band from wireless industry proposals to open it for terrestrial use. While C-band is on the table in 2015, it is entirely likely that Ku and other bands will be targets in the future. How well do teleport operators understand the risks to their business and what are they doing about it?
- How important is C-band to your business today? What specifically do you use it for?
- How would your business be affected if terrestrial interference at the send or receive ends of the circuit rendered C-band unusable?
Videos will be streamed on the WTA website for a full year following the event and promoted to WTA members, teleport and satellite customers and the trade press. All interviews will be provided to NAB for selected playout on their site as well.
Contact WTA to schedule an interview and discuss topics you would like to address.
Sponsorship of the Executive Dialogue Series is available. Contact WTA Director of Development, Louis Zacharilla, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 212-825-0218 ext 102
For questions or to schedule an interview, please contact WTA Membership Director Randall Barney at email@example.com, +1 212-825-0218 ext 104
Past Event Coverage
Click on the links below for programs and video from past WTA forums at NAB. Video production and hosting are provided courtesy of PSSI Global Services.