WTA is a member-benefit association for companies, public-sector organizations and public-private ("third sector”) partnerships.
Member BenefitsFree access to WTA reports
- Regular Membership - Exceptional value in sales, marketing and operational support for your business development efforts worldwide.
- Industry Patron Membership - Industry Patron Members of WTA gain a dominant position in all of the programs that WTA directs at the international teleport marketplace.
- Industry Leader Membership - An extraordinary level of access to the world’s most efficient marketing channel for reaching prospective customers, and a position of prominence in the teleport marketplace that confirms your company’s leadership.
, which help you improve your operations, reduce your costs and better understand market change. Members have free access to these unique reports, each sold to non-members for $1000 or more. Recent reports include:
Business development networking
- Satellite Operator Benchmarks, an annual report in which teleport operators offer candid views on the operational and commercial performance of satellite operators
- The Four Nines Project, a series of reports on how to achieve excellence in teleport business and operations, from buying satellite capacity to running a high-availability operation
- FutureTech Reports, which focus on the likely impact on teleport operators of such market shifts as the rise of Ka-band and the emergence of the multi-screen television business.
, a personalized service provided to members to connect them with potential customers and strategic allies. Upon request, WTA advises members on targeting prospective customers and strategic allies, assists with due diligence, and makes introductions. Unlimited individual employee participation in your organization’s membership.
WTA encourages its member organizations to provide contact information for employees responsible for management, business development, sales and marketing. The more your employees are involved in WTA, the greater the value. Access to speaking opportunities
at the many industry conferences and conventions to which WTA contributes content or recommends speakers, including:
Post content to the Knowledgebase.
- Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC) annual conference
- The annual SATELLITE convention
- National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) annual convention
- International Broadcasting Conference (IBC)
WTA members can post their own white papers and case studies to our online Knowledgebase for download by other members. Listings in The Marketplace
, a searchable online database used by broadcasters, cable programmers, network managers, government agencies and ISPs around the world. The Marketplace provides data on companies in nearly 30 countries, nearly 100 Points of Presence used by the satellite industry, services in 30 and products in 18 categories.Online access to the Membership Database
, a searchable directory available to members only.
Invitation to the Teleport Awards for Excellence, WTA’s annual awards ceremony and luncheon at the annual SATELLITE convention, which raises the profile of the teleport sector and salutes its achievements. UPLINK
, WTA's monthly email newsletter, provides readers with the latest information on WTA programs as well as news of new contract, product and service launches within the membership. Discounts on registration at selected industry events
, available to all employees of WTA members.
Public relations programs that raise awareness of the role of teleports in satellite and fiber communications, supporting your company’s business goals. How to Apply for Membership
You will find information on annual costs and application forms on the "Become a Member" page.
How to Use Your WTA Membership
Being a member of WTA at any level brings many benefits. Gaining those benefits, however, requires you to start off your membership the right way. Click here to learn the eleven simple steps needed to ensure a good return on your investment.